I joined D Young & Co as a technical assistant in 2019 after completing my PhD in Engineering.
Since joining D Young & Co, I have enjoyed gaining experience working on UK and European patent applications in a wide range of technologies.
My academic background covers a variety of areas, ranging from the remote sensing of volcanoes to the surface behaviour of rare earth minerals. During my PhD I undertook placements at the Helmholtz Institute Freiberg for Resource Technology, Germany and the Kroll Institute for Extractive Metallurgy (KIEM), Colorado School of Mines, USA. In addition, I have volunteered at the Hawaiian Volcano Observatory, United States Geological Survey, USA.
- BSc in Physics, University of Southampton 2013.
- MSc in Volcanology, University of Bristol 2014.
- PhD in Engineering, University of Exeter 2019.
- Student member of the Chartered Institute of Patent Attorneys (CIPA).
- Student member of the European Patent Institute (epi).
- Owens, C.L., Schach, E., Heinig, T., Rudolph, M. and Nash, G.R., 2019. Surface nanobubbles on the rare earth fluorcarbonate mineral synchysite. Journal of colloid and interface science, 552, pp.66-71.
- Owens, C.L., Nash, G.R., Hadler, K., Fitzpatrick, R.S., Anderson, C.G. and Wall, F., 2019. Apatite enrichment by rare earth elements: a review of the effects of surface properties. Advances in colloid and interface science, 265, pp.14-28.
- Owens, C.L., Nash, G.R., Hadler, K., Fitzpatrick, R.S., Anderson, C.G. and Wall, F., 2018. Zeta potentials of the rare earth element fluorcarbonate minerals focusing on bastnäsite and parisite. Advances in colloid and interface science, 256, pp.152-162.