Technology advances every day. IP law creates constant challenges for businesses seeking to protect their ideas.
We keep abreast of the latest developments in law, science and technology and publish our newsletters each month here. To subscribe to receive our patent and/or trade mark newsletter by mail or email, please use the sign up form below in the footer of this page.
Patent Newsletter No.96 August 2023Download
- Data-driven innovation: IP protection for techbio platforms
- G 1/23: assessing whether commercially available products are prior art
- Early usage of the UPC: infringement and revocation proceedings
- Newron can't play fast and loose: UK Patents Court restricts combination SPCs
- Cross-border computer systems: patent infringement across multiple jurisdictions
- EPO guidance: requesting "in-person" or ViCo oral proceedings
- Rules of Procedure of the Boards of Appeal: EPO consultation on timeliness of appeal proceedings
Trade Mark Newsletter No.130 September 2023Download
- Advertising climate neutrality: German courts establish divergent requirements
- Colour change counts: but only if the mark is distinctive enough
- Bit(’s) not your coin: Wright v BTC Core
- Bulls shoot and miss: UKIPO rejects invalidity proceedings brought by the NBA
- UKIPO One IPO Transformation Programme second consultation: a trade mark and design update
- British Hairways: pun intended, but does that make it registrable?