Programmer/Developer (Short Fixed Term Contract)
To develop an in-house software tool for generating PDF reports using data in a database.
What you will enjoy
- Designing, developing, testing and releasing an in-house software tool, in the form of a suite of scripts to generate PDF reports, using data from an MS-SQL database to output via Latex that is fit for purpose and use.
- Creating a set of tests to ensure the accuracy of the output.
- Creation and delivery of technical documentation, such as requirements specification, design documentation and processes
- Delivering a reusable and manageable set of components using best practice design and integration methods
- Working with the Head of IT and business sponsor to ensure timely delivery of the solution to agreed quality levels.
- Handover the solution code to the firm’s in-house development team.
What you will need
- Excellent programming ability (preferably in Python).
- Experience of programming using SQL.
- Experience in application and database integration technologies and methodologies including web services, SSIS and API’s.
- Familiarity with Latex (desirable).
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to work autonomously.
- Knowledge of unit testing.