Intellectual Property Support Services Manager
You will be working within our Intellectual Property Support Services department, providing day to day management of the Patent and Trade Mark Records department.
What you will enjoy
- Managing all aspects of the IPSS team function, suggesting and implementing improvements to increase productivity and efficiency, reduce risk, and improve all aspects of quality and client service.
- Line management of the IPSS team, including but not limited to recruitment, training and development and performance management.
- Identifying and overseeing the meeting of training needs and planning and coordinating training and development activities across the department.
- Maintaining an awareness of workload across the department, monitoring and managing competing priorities, (re)allocating work accordingly and conducting daily team briefings.
- Defining, reviewing and maintaining the IPSS process documentation and standard templates and actively managing team compliance through monitoring, analysis and feedback.
- Providing timely and appropriate feedback to the team, conducting quarterly development discussions.
- Overseeing the production of regular and frequent reports.
- Operational management of key external suppliers.
- Acting as a main point of contact for IPSS service issues. Recording, managing and resolving any client service issues.
What you will need
- Experience of managing an IP support function, ideally gained within an IP attorney firm.
- Demonstrable delivery and commitment to quality of service, with a desire to seek further improvement.
- Good working knowledge of IP formalities, ideally with the relevant CIPA and/or CITMA Certificate.
- In depth understanding of IP portfolio management systems and document management systems.
- Thorough understanding of the inherent risks within the management of IP and strategies to mitigate these.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven ability to work to deadlines and under pressure.
- A positive attitude and the ability to lead and motivate a team effectively to deliver a high quality service.