Office and Team Assistant (m/f/d) Munich (full or part-time)
D Young & Co is a leading top-tier European intellectual property firm, dedicated to protecting and enforcing our clients’ IP rights. For over 125 years we’ve been applying our world-class expertise to take ideas, products and services further. With 200+ staff and offices in London, Munich and Southampton we bring together the specialist services of trade mark and patent attorneys with intellectual property solicitors and German Rechtsanwälte, providing a ‘one-stop-shop’ for all IP and related issues.
- Providing full secretarial and administration support for Fee Earners (the Munich based Rechtsanwälte), including generating standard letters, client billing, electronic file management, producing PowerPoint presentations, scanning and photocopying.
- Responsibility for reviewing and distributing incoming post and faxes, along with identifying and completing any associated secretarial work.
- Day to day diary management for fee earners, including organising meetings and business trips, including booking travel and accommodation.
- Translations of text from English to German and vice versa.
- Acting as the first point of contact for all external clients, fee earners and visitors to the Munich office, co-ordinating meeting rooms and booking requirements.
- Liaising with the UK business support teams (business development, finance, IP dupport, IT, HR and facilities) as appropriate.
- Ensuring the Munich office is well equipped with all office supplies in line with budgets.
What you will need
- Knowledge of and proven practical experience as personal assistant or team assistant, or in a similar position (for example, Fremdsprachenassistent(in), Fremdsprachenkorrespondent(in)) in a commercial or IP law firm, ideally 3-5 years plus.
- Excellent German language skills plus high level of English language skills (both written and spoken) – about 70% of daily communication is in English.
- Experience of working abroad or in an international / English speaking environment would be desirable.
- A good knowledge of MS Office products including Excel and PowerPoint as well as an IP database (ideally Inprotech).
- Strong attention to detail, exceptional organisation skills and takes pride in producing high quality work.
- Hands-on approach, with the desire to take on responsibility for projects.
- The ability to work both independently and in a team.
What we offer
A friendly team awaits you at a modern workplace in a downtown location. We offer competitive pay and benefits which include a performance-related bonus scheme. Further, we offer you the opportunity to work in an international environment and excellent training and development to further your career in the field of IP.