You will be providing direct administrative support to our solicitors.
What you will enjoy
- Assisting our solicitors to prepare bundles, correspondence and other documentation for use in Court proceedings and other contentious matters.
- Carrying out internet-based research to support or defend claims and prepare for client pitches.
- Assisting with off-site activities including test purchases, investigations and the issuing and filing of documents at Court.
- Conducting preliminary assessments of IP portfolios.
- Keeping files and records up to date, both in hard copy and electronically.
- Maintaining awareness of current developments in IP and assisting in writing articles.
- Liaising with authorities, for example Customs and Trading Standards, and assisting with preparing evidence in support of criminal enforcement matters.
What you will need
- Excellent organisational, writing and research skills.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Previous experience of working on contentious IP matters, desirable.
- Experience working to deadlines.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- The ability to develop strong working relationships with colleagues and clients.