Virtual Patent Easter Internship (electronics, engineering, physics and computer science)
Our Virtual Easter Internship, taking place in the week including 06 April 2021, is open to undergraduate and postgraduate students - if you are graduating in 2022 or later, please read to find out more.
A rarity amongst IP firms, we offer a patent internship which will provide you with real insight into life as a patent attorney. This opportunity will give you a strong foundation of understanding and knowledge to embark on the next steps of your future career. Like others that have attended our successful internship in previous years, you may subsequently receive an offer to join D Young & Co as a future trainee patent attorney!
Within our electronics, engineering and IT sector, every year we look for a number of enthusiastic and focused candidates to spend time with our team for three days during the Easter vacation. In 2021 we will be running a virtual internship which will take place via video conference.
Following the Virtual Easter Internship, you may be invited back to attend our extended summer internship. We look to invite a small number of candidates, who have demonstrated excellence during the internship, to return to work with us during the summer vacation. Interns who show the qualities and attributes that we value may subsequently be offered a position to train towards professional qualification as a patent attorney at our Southampton office.
What you will enjoy
- The opportunity to gain invaluable experience and knowledge of what could be your future career.
- Obtaining real insight into intellectual property law by working with our team, including partners.
- Understanding the career advantages that you will have within our firm.
What you will need
- To be a motivated electronics, engineering, physics or computer science undergraduate or post graduate.
- A desire to gain a real perspective of what life as a patent attorney involves.
- To want to use your technical ability in offering the very best service to clients.
Our Virtual Easter Patent Internship will take place in the week including 06 April 2021. Applications must be received by Sunday 31 January 2021.