I’ve been a partner at D Young & Co since 2004. Turning complex, contentious cases into winning ones is the most rewarding part of my role. I particularly enjoy presenting cases at EPO oral hearings.
Since joining D Young & Co, I’ve represented my clients in a number of high value opposition and appeal proceedings at the EPO especially in relation to major pharmaceutical products such as, Lipitor, Nexium, Abilify, Crestor and Sovaldi / Harvoni. I’m also qualified to represent clients in the Higher Courts as a patent attorney litigator.
I’m experienced in coordinating strategy between EPO oppositions and appeal proceedings, and corresponding litigation in other jurisdictions – both in Europe and the US. I’m also highly skilled at IP due diligence, having supported successful funding rounds for a number of SME clients, and product acquisitions for multinational clients.
I advise a range of clients in patent matters in the field of organic chemistry. My practice encompasses drafting, filing and prosecution of patent applications with a particular emphasis on the preparation of infringement and validity opinions. I also have a specific interest in IP protection for the pharmaceutical sector, including SPCs and regulatory data exclusivity.
Prior to joining D Young & Co, I worked as an in-house patent attorney at GlaxoSmithKline. In 2006, I was seconded to the law firm Kenyon & Kenyon in New York.
Ranked as an IPSTAR 2023.
- BSc (Hons) in Chemistry, University of Sussex.
- PhD in Organic Chemistry, University of Southampton.
- Pfizer Organic Chemistry prize, University of Southampton.
- Certificate in Intellectual Property Law, Queen Mary, University of London.
- LLM in Intellectual Property Litigation, Nottingham Law School.
- Patent Attorney Litigator.
- European Patent Attorney 2001.
- Chartered Patent Attorney 2002.
- Chartered Institute of Patent Attorneys (CIPA).
- European Patent Institute (epi).