I joined the patents team at D Young & Co in 2017 after graduating with an integrated master’s degree in physics from the University of Southampton. My academic background covers a variety of areas in physics, ranging from quantum physics to photonics to cosmology.
Since joining D Young & Co, my work with a broad range of clients has allowed me to expand my technical knowledge into areas including instruction set architecture and microprocessor design, telecommunications, image processing and software, including artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning (ML) applications. The majority of my work involves prosecution and drafting of UK and European patent applications, in addition to working with overseas attorneys in countries including the US, South Korea, India, Taiwan and China.
The opportunity to keep learning, both through working with inventors at the forefront of technology, as well as through my work with my colleagues at D Young & Co and our associates across the globe is my favourite part of my job. I look forward to continuing to expand my knowledge as my career progresses.
- MPhys (Hons) in Physics, University of Southampton.
- Certificate in Intellectual Property Law, Queen Mary, University of London.
- Chartered Patent Attorney 2022.
- European Patent Attorney 2022.
- Certificate in IP litigation.
- Registered representative before the Unified Patent Court (UPC) 2023.
- Chartered Institute of Patent Attorneys (CIPA).
- European Patent Institute (epi).