I became a partner at D Young & Co in 2011 and deal with all aspects of trade mark work. My job is always varied and exciting and I particularly enjoy problem solving, giving strategic advice and improving a client’s negotiating position.
Before I joined the firm, my professional experience included working in-house for Allied Domecq Spirits & Wine Limited, and also in private practice. I have extensive expertise in filing and prosecuting trade marks before the UKIPO, EUIPO and the Madrid Protocol system.
I also focus on contentious matters including oppositions, cancellation and invalidation actions before the UKIPO and EUIPO. My direct clients include multinationals in television/broadcasting, consumer care goods, chemicals, manufacturing and a global licensing company, plus several charities. Their global locations and activities mean regular visits to Japan and the US. Most of all, I love working with clients who are as passionate about protecting their IP as I am.
- Ranked as a "bronze" expert for trade mark prosecution and strategy in the World Trademark Review 1000 2022.
- BA (Hons) Law & Geography, Oxford Brookes University.
- Post Graduate Diploma in Legal Practice (LPC), Cardiff University.
- Chartered Trade Mark Attorney 2005.
- Chartered Institute of Trade Mark Attorneys (CITMA).
- International Trade Mark Association (INTA).
- MARQUES Association.