Patent Easter Internship: Electronics, Engineering, Physics & Computer Science
Our Easter Internship will run from 24 - 26 March 2020 and is open to undergraduate and postgraduate students. Apply by 31 January 2020. If you are in your second year of university or above or graduating in 2020, please read to find out more.
A rarity amongst IP firms, we offer a patent internship which will provide you with real insight into life as a patent attorney. This opportunity will give you a strong foundation of understanding and knowledge to embark on the next steps of your future career. Like others that have attended our successful internship in previous years, you may subsequently receive an offer to join D Young & Co as a future trainee patent attorney!
Within our electronics, engineering and IT sector, every year we look for a number of enthusiastic and focused candidates to join our team for three days during the Easter vacation.
If you are graduating in 2020, a PhD student or currently completing your post doc and demonstrate excellence during the Easter visit, you may subsequently be offered a position as a trainee patent attorney.
If you are graduating after 2020, you may be invited back to attend our extended summer internship. We look to invite a small number of candidates, who have demonstrated excellence during the Easter visit, to return to work with us during the summer vacation. Interns who show the qualities and attributes that we value may subsequently be offered a position to train towards professional qualification as a patent attorney.
You will enjoy
- the opportunity to gain invaluable experience and knowledge of what could be your future career as a patent attorney
- obtaining real insight into intellectual property law by working with our team, including partners
- understanding the career advantages that you will have within our firm
You will need
- to be a motivated electronics, engineering, physics or computer science undergraduate or post graduate in your second year of university or above
- a desire to gain a real perspective of what life as a patent attorney involves
- to want to use your technical ability in offering the very best service to clients