Business Development Executive
As a Business Development Executive, based at either our Southampton or London office, you will be working with the Head of Business Development to support the firm's new business and marketing process.
What you will enjoy
- Supporting pitches including the administration of the pitch review process and the overall management of pitches and proposals (including overseeing relevant deadlines, writing content, creating fee earner profiles and developing pitch presentations).
- Prepare directory and award submissions, including managing the overall schedule and deadlines, collating, managing and drafting content.
- Assisting with event management including initial planning, client guest lists, registration and post-event follow up. Events include seminars, webinars and client receptions.
- Organising and attending practice area sub-group meetings, keeping a record of actions agreed and assisting the Head of Business Development to achieve progress.
- Conducting research projects and preparing reports in support of business development activity.
- Assisting the Head of BD and the Marketing Communications Manager with the implementation of various marketing campaigns.
- Updating website pages, including uploading newsletters, articles and events.
- Updating the firm’s social media channels.
- Carrying out other BD-related admin duties as required.
What you will need
- Degree educated.
- Previous professional services experience required (2-3 years experience preferred).
- Knowledge of CRM systems required.
- Proactive mind set and a confident approach to working with key stakeholders, including partners and senior staff. Being able to manage key stakeholder expectations.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- A keen eye for detail.
- Highly organised and able to work independently.
- Ability to manage and prioritise conflicting demands and deadlines.
- German language ability (written and spoken) desirable.
- Understanding of the IP sector desirable.
- Design skills, such as PowerPoint, Photoshop and InDesign desirable.