I have a background in biochemistry and it’s fascinating to work at the interface between research and law. I enjoy applying my expertise to find the best possible way to protect clients’ inventions.
I’ve been part of the D Young & Co team since 2015. I’m experienced in drafting and prosecuting patent applications across a broad range of biotechnologies – particularly biomedical technologies. I enjoy working in such a diverse range of fields, including peptide and protein therapeutics, siRNA and other recombinant nucleic acid technologies. I’m also experienced in the areas of viral-vectored vaccines, diagnostic and therapeutic antibodies, diagnostic assays and gene therapy.
Before I joined D Young & Co, I studied for my PhD at Imperial College London. Here I worked in a biomedical research group where I focused on intracellular signalling in cardiac muscle cells and its implications for heart failure.
- BSc (Hons) Biochemistry with European Studies, University of Sussex 2003.
- PhD Biochemistry, Imperial College London 2009.
- Certificate in Intellectual Property Law, Queen Mary, University of London 2009.
- Michael Jones prize for UK Finals Examination P4 (Amendment) 2011.
- Chartered Patent Attorney 2011.
- European Patent Attorney 2012.
- European Design Attorney.
- Chartered Institute of Patent Attorneys (CIPA).
- European Patent Institute (epi).