After more than 30 years in the field of trade marks and passing off, I still relish the challenges of my role. There’s always something new around the corner and I love working with such passionate clients and colleagues.
I’ve been a partner at D Young & Co since 1995 and have a very diverse client base ranging from start-ups to multinational blue chip companies. I have extensive experience in multiple sectors, including food and drink, tech, hotels, boats, charities, petroleum, chemicals and energy, including renewables. I’ve also worked in the fields of pharmaceuticals and medical equipment, aviation and courier services, financial services, film, television, music and clothing, as well as internet service providers and communications, sports teams and high-performance vehicle manufacturers.
I was one of the original independent experts appointed by Nominet to adjudicate on domain name disputes in the UK. Much of my practice relates to the enforcement of clients’ rights.
Over the years, I’ve spoken and lectured extensively, not only in Europe, but also in the US and the Far East. I’m also a qualified trade mark and design litigator.
- Certificate in Intellectual Property Law, Queen Mary, University of London.
- Chartered Trade Mark Attorney 1989.
- European Trade Mark Attorney 1996.
- European Design Attorney 2003.
- Trade Mark & Design Litigator 2010.
- Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Trade Mark Attorneys (CITMA).
- International Association for the Protection of Intellectual Property (AIPPI).
- European Communities Trade Mark Association (ECTA).
- International Trademark Association (INTA).
- Director of Pamia Limited, the UK patent and trade mark attorney profession’s mutual insurer.