Helping clients develop their brands is incredibly rewarding. As a chartered trade mark attorney, it’s really satisfying to see a new brand arrive on the market, knowing I played a part in getting it there.
Before joining the firm in 2007, I gained invaluable professional experience working in-house for BP plc’s Group Trade Marks Department. I act for a variety of clients, from start-ups and sole traders, through to multi-national corporations. My clients’ portfolios are highly varied and as such, my practice spans diverse sectors ranging from beauty and personal care products, household products, luxury consumer products, fashion, and consumer electronics, through to financial services, music and entertainment services, automobile services as well as travel and tourism services.
I became a partner at D Young & Co in 2016 and have a particular focus on trade marks, handling the full spectrum of IP matters concerning such rights, including clearance, prosecution, oppositions, invalidity and revocation actions, enforcement issues, and company and domain names. I enjoy the challenge of coming up with new, creative solutions, whatever I’m working on.
- BA (Hons) Legal Studies, University of Greenwich, London.
- Chartered Trade Mark Attorney 2009.
- European Trade Mark Attorney 2009.
- European Design Attorney 2009.
- Trade Mark & Design Litigator 2013.
- Chartered Institute of Trade Mark Attorneys (CITMA).
- International Trade Mark Association (INTA).