I specialise in transactional and contentious intellectual property matters, with a focus on patent litigation. I relish the challenge of working in a discipline and sectors that are dynamic and innovative, and aim to provide an enthusiastic, creative and dedicated service.
I advise clients across a range of technologies and sectors, including telecommunications, engineering, software, medical devices and media.
I have extensive experience of conducting litigation in the UK (both before the Intellectual Property Enterprise Court (IPEC) and Patents Court) and managing large cross-jurisdictional disputes, including before courts in the UK, Germany, France and US, as well as before the European Patent Office (EPO) and European Union Intellectual Property Office (EUIPO).
Over the years, I’ve also advised emerging companies through to market leaders on all manner of intellectual property related agreements, including product acquisitions, manufacturing agreements, clinical trial agreements, sponsorship agreements, assignments and licences as well as managing due diligence exercises.
Given a practice focused on patent transactions and litigation, particularly in the telecommunications sector, I have been heavily involved with the interrelationship between patents and technical standards, both from a licensing and litigation perspective.
Before joining D Young & Co, I worked in a leading global intellectual property law firm, where my team and I were awarded 'UK patent contentious team of the year' (Managing IP) and 'TMT team of the year' (Legal Business Awards).
- Solicitor of the Senior Courts of England and Wales 2006.
- Diploma in Intellectual Property Law, University of Bristol 2007.
- Higher Courts (Civil Advocacy) 2013.
- Law Society of England and Wales.
- Law Society of Ireland.
- Chartered Institute of Patent Attorneys (CIPA).
- Association Internationale pour la Protection de la Propriété Intellectuelle (AIPPI).
- Licensing Executives Society (LES).
- European Patent Lawyers Association (EPLAW).