Taking your ideas further
For sole inventors and small businesses with limited resources, securing IP rights can be absolutely essential in protecting the product or technology in the early stages of a business.
Over the years we are proud to have worked with pioneering sole inventors and academic and corporate R&D teams and we have successfully supported many in their journey from entrepreneurial fledgling enterprises to established SMEs and successful international brands.
We appreciate the need to quickly understand the complex scientific or technological concepts involved in your area of innovation so that we are able to translate these into the legal terms needed to secure your IP rights. Our clients tell us that they value the depth of experience our attorneys and solicitors are able to offer them across all technical disciplines. Our attorneys marry academic know-how (frequently to PhD or post-doctoral level) with real world business experience, having worked either in industry or with in-house legal departments.
Above all our aim is to balance complex scientific issues with an understanding of IP law and the real world objectives and budget constraints of a business.
Our IP support to inventors includes
- Evaluating ideas and carrying out invention identification meetings with individuals and/or teams
- IP portfolio audits and strategic advice
- Infringement (freedom to operate) and validity opinions on third party IP
- Due diligence work for funding, stock market flotation, business or project acquisition or sale
- Drafting and advising on IP agreements, and on non-disclosure agreements, R&D agreements, licences and assignments
- Drafting and filing patent applications
- Representing clients at the EPO for oppositions and appeals
- Patent, trade mark and design clearance searches
- Renewal services
- The exploitation of IP rights for revenue opportunities